Strawberries and Banana Horns
Strawberries are here! Take a look at the fruits shops, they are all over… they are in season :D. And I’m sure you don’t want to miss them because with all the beneficial properties they have you could become superman/woman just right after you finish the dish.
They are low calorie, full of C vitamin and antioxidants which will fight against ageing and the development of cancer.
If you have iron deficiency anaemia or suffer from infections, then you should definitely consume strawberries. If you are on your early pregnancy stages, you should also eat them because they contain folic acid and folates.
In cases of hyperuricemia or gout, strawberries have a diuretic effect. Also if you have high blood pressure or other diseases associated with fluid retention, strawberries are your fruit. In case of renal lithiasis favour the elimination of uric acid and its salts, but if this is oxalate, then they are not suitable.
Citric acid has disinfectant possessing, salicylic acid has anti-inflammatory and anti-coagulant, and the vitamin E is involved in stability of blood cells and fertility. Possessing Potassium is necessary for the generation and transmission of nerve impulses, for normal muscle activity and is involved in the water balance in our body.
Did I convince you? Hey, put your cape and fly with me!!! Nothing can harm us :D.
Hey Laura, I hope you get better soon :D. You know what you have to do now. ¡Muchos besitos!
Did I really post it without the recipe? Ay, ay, ay… I need to improve my memory and this is not one of the properties strawberries have.
Ingredients for 4 servings: 6 wheat tortillas, 10 big strawberries, 1 or two bananas (depends on size), sugar, modena vinegar.
- Cut the tortillas in half, shape them like a corn, wrap in kitchen oven paper and place inside a narrow and tall glass.
- Preheat oven at 180ºC and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until you see they golden up.
- Let them cool down.
- Clean and cut the fruits, place in a bowl and add 3 table spoons of sugar, let it rest in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Prepare a reduction with another 3 sugar tablespoons and 100 ml of modena vinegar. Use a sauce pan to cook it and when it reduces let cool a bit.
- Prepare the dish: Place the corns inside a glass or similar, fill them up with the fruits and dress with the reduced sauce.