Cheers to everyone and thanks for visiting my blog!
I love seducing people through their stomachs… please be my guests!
I started this blog back in June 2007 to keep my head and time focused on something I liked that would distract me from missing my 11 year old daughter whom left for a Summer camp for 15 days. My husband suggested me to start a food blog because he is my number one fan… and for once, I did what he said ;D.
Maybe you wonder why a Catalan/Spanish foodie writes a blog in English… I know my English is not perfect but I thought the blog would help me to improve it and also I wanted to share and let everybody know about our awesome Spanish Gastronomy.
The time is just right because some of our Catalan and Spanish Chefs are known world wide and I feel so proud to be a small small small representative of our Cuisine.
- I never made it to El Bulli, although I tried several times, however, I can now go to the new Tickets restaurant. Ferrán Adrià is the most!
- I have had lunch 3 times at Sant Pau, Carme Ruscalleda‘s restaurant and nothing I have experienced on food before can get near to the pleasure of enjoying her menus. She was kind enough to accept to be interviewed by Spanish Recipes. Click here to see.
- Can Fabes is also a highly recommended restaurant, whose chef: Santi Santamaria is among the best of the country. He sadly passed out recently.
- Also, the Roca brothers have also achieved 3 Michelin stars; I hope I will be able to get a table at El Celler de Can Roca for my next Birthday. They have reached the first place at the Restaurant Magazine on 2013.
- And these are only from Catalonia… but Spain is huge and there’s many other talented chefs in the country. My plan is to visit some of the best soon in gastrotours I’m planning for the next summers :D
MEET THE COOK!
Cooking is one of my passions and although I will never get as far as the mentioned Chefs, I try to get better and better in every single post of this blog. I believe that the dishes first come through the eyes and that’s why I’m giving a lot of importance to the recipes’ presentation. I’m a perfectionist and I always put my soul in their performance. All recipes are tested at home, however depending on recipients, ovens, temperature and so there might be some differences. You will have to be smart enough to adjust the variables ;D.
MEET THE PHOTOGRAPHER!
I have discovered a new wonderful obsession for food photography and I try to improve my skills on both things now: food and images. What started as a traditional recipes blog has grown into a wider concept now. Food photography is my challenge and a new passion. Please send me an email to: email@example.com if you want to use my photos.
MEET THE WRITER!
Blogging has taught me about patience, companionship, generosity, html code, new ways of communication, no friendship frontiers, culinary techniques, new vocabulary… and so many other fantastic things! I’m a better person now!!!
My advise: start your own blog… and let me know about it :D.