Fake Cake Pops for Mother’s day.
Cake Pops are getting so fashionable here now. Together with Halloween feast, it seems that American Creative Sweet confectionery (cakes, pies, tarts, muffins, cupcakes, cake pops, and so) is finding its own space in our country :D. I think it’s a beautiful and delicious imported tradition that we should follow religiously ;D!
Cake pops are elaborated with a cake base as the name says. However, and since I didn’t have much time to spend baking the sponge cake, I took the shortest path to have them ready in no time and the result was fantastic. I really recommend you to do them my way if you are in a hurry or if you simply want to change its internal texture.
Instead of baking the cake, you just need to have some cookies in the pantry! That is a lot easier and faster :D. Isn’t it? Don’t these Fake cake pops look great?
Ingredients for 9 Fake Cake Pops: 100 grs of cookies (mine were plain ones, but you can use any kind you want), 40 grs of light cheese spread, 100 grs of couverture black chocolate and different kinds of sugar decoration.
- Blend the cookies and place inside a bowl. Pour the cheese inside and work with your clean hands until you can make little balls with the dough. Try to make them the same size. A scale could help.
- Place the chocolate inside a glass and melt in the microwave. Be careful not to burn it because it would get spoiled.
- Place a wooden skewer inside the glass (1/2 cm would be enough) of melted chocolate and insert it half way into the cookie ball. Reserve. Do the same with all of them.
- Place inside the fridge for 15 minutes.
- If the chocolate is still melted place the balls one after the other inside so that all the surface gets covered by the chocolate and carefully let the choco drop by rotating the skewer. If the chocolate is hard, place in the micro again and wait a bit until you put the balls inside. We don't want it to be to hot.
- When you have the ball covered by the chocolate, place the sugar coloured figures on top and put inside a recipient with sugar or rice or any other product that will make the skewers stay up. Place in the fridge until you serve.
- Enjoy the Cake pops and enjoy Mother's day!