Snails with Bacon and Mushrooms. A Fall’s tapa!
If you are a snail addict like me, then click at the snails picture at the right column. Buen provecho :D
- First clean, wash and boil the snails as said in this post.
- Now, cover the surface of a pan with olive oil, when hot, add the panceta in dices. When golden, add the boiled snails (only the snails, not the water you used) and stir for 8 minutes at medium heat. Sprinkle with salt and black ground pepper.
- Take the snails and panceta out of the pan and reserve in a plate.
- In the same oil, cook the onion (chopped) until it gets transparent. Add a branch of thyme. Stir and pull it out after 3 minutes.
- Add the Boletus cut in dices to the pan with the onion. Stir for 3 more minutes at medium heat.
- Pour the snails and panceta back to the pan and cook for 20 minutes aprox at medium/low heat. Stir now and then.
- Mince the garlic, add to the snails and turn the heat off when fragant.