Guacamole Stuffed Eggs
Who wants to be in the kitchen near the hot stove or by the oven when it’s too hot already? How can we prepare a good lunch/dinner without getting too suffocated while getting the meals done? Well, it’s time to be creative! Of course it’s ok to have guacamole with some doritos but if you want to impress your guests dedicate 10 minutes to boil the eggs and buy a salmon roe can… There you are! Keep away from the stove while boiling the eggs… maybe you can start preparing the guacamole under the shadow of your garden trees :D.
I found my guacamole recipe in this Isabel Allende’s book. I have been preparing it for years now. I have adapted the original a bit to our taste and no matter who tries it, they always ask for the recipe! It’s highly recommendable! Buy the book and have a great read, there’s tones of other good recipes; add it to your cook books collection.
So, today I will suggest you the whole menu, if that is ok with you ;D. Because when we have to think and prepare a menu for lunch and dinner every single day of the year, sometimes is so nice to have another person to think and arrange the things for us. Hope you like my choice here!
Starter: Guacamole Stuffed Eggs
Dessert: Yogurt and Strawberry mousse
Fresh, natural and delicious products to have in a Summer lunch under the shadow of your garden’s trees ;D. Enjoy the food and eat healthy!
To those of you subscribers of Feedburner who follow this blog, please bear with me… I’m having problems with the feed and I’m trying to arrange it.
Ingredients for 12 servings or more: Guacamole, 12 boiled eggs (10 min), 1 can of salmon roe, 1 pack of doritos.
- To prepare Guacamole: 1 medium spring onion, 2 tomatoes, 1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, some salt, 2 avocados and a bit of extra virgin olive oil.
- Peel and mince the onion in small small dices, place inside a bowl. Peel the tomatoes, take their seeds away and cut in small small dices, place with the onion, and a pinch of salt and some extra virgin olive oil to hardly cover it. Place in the fridge.
- Take the seeds and peel away the avocados and smash inside a plate. Add the lemon juice tablespoon. Whisk the egg's yolk and mix with the avocados.
- Add the avocados mixture to the first bowl and mix well. Place back in the fridge until you finish the dish.
- Boil the eggs for 10 minutes and when cold take the shell off.
- Get the guacamole from the fridge. Cut the top of the boiled eggs. Place on top and decorate with the salmon roe.