Croquetas de Pollo con cúrcuma – Chicken croquettes with turmeric
I’m talking about turmeric. My good blogger friend Nathan, posted about turmeric in his post: Turmeric Rice, and I was really curious about it and more than happy to know about all these fantastic medical applications (wikipedia source).
- Cut the chicken's breast in small pieces. Prepare a big pan with some olive oil and when hot add the onions (peeled and cut in small pieces). Make them sweat at low heat and when transparent add the chicken. Stir and cook for 5 minutes aprox and then add the flour. Let cook while stirring for another 5 minutes and then add the milk little by little while stirring with a wooden spoon. Pour the nutmeg and the turmeric. Stir some more.
- When you get a thick dough that doesn't get stick to the pan's wall, it means that it's done. Taste and add some salt.
- Turn heat off. Place the pan on the kitchen counter and cover with a clean kitchen cloth. When cold, place inside the fridge.
- Once is completely cold (let rest for 2 hours at least). Prepare a pan with olive oil to fry the croquettes. Don't ever let the oil burn.
- Prepare one plate with the beat egg and another with the breadcrumbs.
- Shape the croquettes with your hands, place in the egg and coat in breadcrumbs. Fry and place over kitchen paper to leave there the oil.
- Eat hot or cold... either way they will be delicious :D